Alice Sokoloff Photography

Friday, September 3, 2010

Bride Tip: Enjoy Your Wedding and the Wedding Preparations

So many brides get stressed out by the wedding planning process, that I thought I should write a separate post just on that topic alone.

I'll tell you a cute story that made me think and that, I hope, carries a message for you, too. I met someone today, getting ready to renew her vows. "Is it an anniversary?" I asked. "Well, yes," she said. She explained, "We renew our vows every five years, so this is our fourth time getting married." She laughed. "It's been fifteen years. I still don't know whether I'm going to say 'yes' this time around," she added coyly.

And I thought to myself, first of all, this is sooo sweet and romantic. Every five years they evaluate their relationship and continue on because they feel as (or more) strongly for one another as they did when they first got married.

But I also thought--wow, planning a wedding every five years, that's got to be so hard. Even planning one wedding in a lifetime seems to overwhelm many a bride. So what's the secret and why do they do? This is pure conjecture on my part, but I am going to say that the reason they do it and continue to enjoy it is that they don't have to. There is no pressure for them to do it, and so when they renew their vows, it's purely because they want to. It's for them and they revel in it.

So that's the lesson that I want to impart on every bride out there who is stressed and can't sleep, as she is getting overwhelmed by the planning process: take a step back, take a deep breath, and remember why you are planning a wedding in the first place. Your wedding is ultimately for you and your spouse! It's not for your parents or your friends, even if at times it may feel that way. And if the wedding is for you, then enjoy it, and enjoy planning it. One day will slip by in a blink, but the planning process may take 6 months, a year, or even longer. Don't suffer through the process because you think it will result in the perfect wedding that you are going to love. Change your thinking so that you are enjoying those 6 months, a year or more, and if you can't, change the planning process so that you can!

Until next time!
http://www.alicesokoloffphotography.com/

Visit Alice Sokoloff Photography on Facebook
Follow Alice Sokoloff Photography on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Labels