Alice Sokoloff Photography

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Engagement Session with Beth & Kevin (Aptos)

There is nothing that I love about my job so much as appreciative clients who really dig and get my work! My latest fav quote from a client is from Kevin, who said to his fiancee, Beth, after he saw their engagement session photos for the first time "Honey, we've been turned into art!" :-D His reaction to the photos is especially flattering because Kevin was initially a bit skeptical about the whole engagement session idea, as many men unfortunately are.

Beth and Kevin were such a delight to work with during the session. They wanted photos that were fun and dynamic, and they were willing to work for it. :-) You'll see what I mean shortly, but let me just say that they were the best jumpers that I've had the pleasure to photograph!

Special thanks to Stas Ushomirsky of Sky Creative for his assistance during this session.

And now, on to the photos:

I will start off with a fun little composite that we did. Composites are rather time consuming to photograph, but it's time that pays off, I like to think. :-)

1.

2.

3.

4.

The main trick to photos like this one is a truly fearless couple!

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

Beth has such fantastic posture in this shot--she totally rocks it!

14.

And this one, too! :-D

15.

16.

A very simple, even classic, portrait, but I really like it. To me it conveys a very strong "life is good" feeling.

17.

An engagement ring on the hand shot with some creative processing. Beth and Kevin also received a version with "regular" processing, in case they are not fans of cross-processing.

18.

19.

We did some frame-within-a-frame experimentation and I really like the outcome!

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

As we were losing light quickly--it was an overcast day and sunset came even earlier than expected--we closed with a few classic shots.

25.

26.

Congratulations, Beth & Kevin! I can't wait to photograph your wedding in October 2010!


Until next time!
http://www.alicesokoloffphotography.com/

Visit us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Labels