Alice Sokoloff Photography

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Marina & Stefanos' Wedding (San Francisco City Hall)

I first met Marina and Stefanos the way I frequently meet my City Hall clients--over email, with no context and no initial consultation. I asked them to send me a picture so that at the very least I would know who I was looking for at City Hall on the day of their wedding. In short, I did not have the opportunity to get to know and bond with Marina and Stefanos before the wedding. On my way to their wedding, I was trying to imagine what they might be like in person.

I was in for such a treat! Marina and Stefanos are an amazing couple. They exude such peacefulness, calmness and warmth. When I first start a session, whether it's for a wedding, an engagement, or a family, it usually takes the couple a little bit of time to get warmed up, to start to feel comfortable in front of the camera and to lose their inhibitions. They inevitably do all of the above, just not in the first fifteen minutes of the session. Usually. Marina and Stefanos, from the first photo, were impeccable. They were relaxed and natural! Such a pleasure to photograph!

As you may have guessed by their names, Marina and Stefanos are Greek. City Hall weddings by definition tend to be impersonal and do not integrate the cultural traditions that may be near and dear to the couple's heart. So I thought it was especially great that Marina & Stefanos' friends found a way to include a few Greek traditions in their wedding, by bringing candy-coated almonds as favors and by showering them with rice outside City Hall.

As usual, a few of my favorites:

1.

2.

3.

4.

And here are those candy-coated almonds. They're yummy, by the way. I got some, too. Sweet (almost no pun intended)!

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

I swear there is rice in the air in the photos below. But you can only see it on 100% zoom, not on these little web versions. :)

13.

Congratulations, Marina & Stefanos!

Until next time!
http://www.alicesokoloffphotography.com/

Visit Alice Sokoloff Photography on Facebook
Follow Alice Sokoloff Photography on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Labels