Alice Sokoloff Photography

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Family Session with 3.5 Year Old Katya (Cuesta Park, Mountain View)

It has been almost a month now since I photographed little Katya, and I couldn't quite bring myself to blog our session. Somehow it felt almost sacrilegious, but maybe also sacrilegious not to write about her. You see, Katya has cerebral palsy. She is 3.5 years old, a beautiful little girl, who loved her photo session and laughed and smiled for me the entire time.

There is so much that I feel for this little girl, that I can't even verbalize. She breaks my heart. It isn't right. And it isn't fair. And it's just plain awful that she can't run around with her friends on the playground, or tell her mom she is a little princess, or twirl for her parents in a new dress. And yet, her spirit is so alive--you can see it shine through her eyes and through her smile full of delight.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Katya that with intensive physical therapy and with lots of work and perseverence, she learns to walk and talk and is able to enjoy a full life, which she so deserves!

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

Katya, you are such an amazing little girl. I hope one day, you look at these pictures and say "Wow, remember this? It's from when I still couldn't walk?!"

Until next time!
http://www.alicesokoloffphotography.com/

Visit Alice Sokoloff Photography on Facebook
Follow Alice Sokoloff Photography on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Labels