Alice Sokoloff Photography

Monday, December 21, 2009

Contest: Best Kids' Mini-Session Photo



As promised, we are going to have a very exciting contest!!! There are two prizes for the taking:

    (i) The parents of the child whose photo wins will receive 2 additional digital images of their choice from the mini session; and

    (ii) The "voter" who submits the most interesting comment in connection with the vote will receive $30 off his/her next photo session with Alice Sokoloff Photography (can be applied towards purchase of digital images as well).

Here are the rules:

    (a) Voting will take place in the comments section of this blog post. Only votes that display the name of the person voting will be considered.

    (b) Anyone can vote, but only once and only for one photo. :-) Please forward this contest to all your friends and family! The more participation that we have, the more fun this contest will be (and, frankly, if you forward to friends and family, chances are higher that your child will win!).

    (c) You don't have to vote for your own child! You probably will, if your child is featured, but that's not a requirement. You are voting for the best photo below, not the cutest child, as I think the latter would be offensive to the kids. The photos in the collage above are sometimes different from the photos that are in the contest, so please consider the photos below as you are voting.

    (d) When you vote, please don't just write the name of the child, but also a comment--the reason why you picked one photo over all others. Not only will this qualify you for the "best comment" prize, but it will also make this contest more fun for everyone. Your comment doesn't have to be an essay and it doesn't even have to be in complete sentences. But really, just tell me why you chose this photo and not another.

    (e) Voting will be open for 10 days, starting now! I will announce the winners in both categories on January 1st, 2010! The winner in the first category will be selected objectively--that is to say, the child whose photo receives the most votes on the blog wins, period. You will be able to track progress for yourselves by watching the comments on the blog. The winner in the second category will be selected subjectively--I am going to pick a comment that I like best (I am not looking for flattery, btw; just something that stands out, for whatever reason). So be creative, be outrageous, be original!

And here are the photos, in no particular order:

(1) Carolyn




(2) Alexa




(3) Addison




(4) Sima




(5) Antoine




(6) Xavier




(7) Jake




(8) Vika




(9) Mason




(10) Jenna




(11) Dylan




(12) Logan




(13) Sienna




(14) Arthur




(15) Kyra




(16) Courtney




(17) Zachary




(18) Anthony





Let the voting begin! I look forward to all your comments!

Until next time!
http://www.alicesokoloffphotography.com/

Visit us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

47 comments:

  1. I guess, I will be the first one to start the voting. As difficult as it was to pick, I have to cast my vote for No. 14 - Arthur. I think, in addition to Arthur being super cute (which all of these kids are), the photo captured the essence of late fall, its muted colors and emotions.
    Thank you for sharing these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three, definitely three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your votes and comments so far. As a reminder: please keep in mind that only votes by registered users will be counted. In other words, your name needs to be on the vote, or we cannot count it. We simply cannot authenticate whether votes by "Anonymous" users are coming from the same or different users.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for Alexa:) she is just too cute!!!!(#2)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's SUPER HARD to pick one since ALL of THEM are Beautiful... But as for actual moment captured I would say #8 Vika - It's hard to look at this picture and not to smile back... Everything smiles on her face: her eyes, her lips, her nose, her cute cheeks :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would have to vote for #15/kyra - she looks like she was made to be in pictures! i love the way that she's able to smile with her eyes -- her picture really draws you in! beautiful, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for #15, she has a natural smile.
    Mrs. Carns
    Pleasanton, CA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for Carolyn(#1). Look at that beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to vote for #15 Kyra, wow what a beautiful girl, amazing smile.

    Regina
    Belmont, Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to vote for #6 Xavier

    Pamela Westerlund
    Makakilo HA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm placing my vote for Carolyn (#1).
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for #6 Xavier. He brings so much energy and life to the photo. iloveit!!

    Steffany Ismaili
    Cherrypoint, NC

    ReplyDelete
  13. My vote goes to Alexa #2! I love the Fall feel that surrounds her in the background and love her smiling eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for #6...Xavier., he's gorgeous.,

    Dahlia Loibl
    Apia,
    SAMOA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im casting my vote for #6 Xavier, his EYE's are amazing :)

    Mele Tuita
    Union City, CA

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote foe #6. The photo itself portrays a unique sense of innocence and it conveys a carefree attitude and angelic smile that only a child can offer. Definitely my Holiday pick.

    Fania Sipili

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the pictures on here are beautiful but I vote for #6. He is soooooo handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vote for #6..photo's atmosphere is so innocent, warming and fun all at the same time.. plus he's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I vote #6 Xavier. love the action in the photo how hes not paying attention to the camera but to the leaves hes throwing up in the air. too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All, please remember that while all comments are posted, "Anonymous" comments with no identifying information will not be counted when the votes are tallied!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I vote for #6 Xavier.He is super cute and has the most beautiful blue eyes.

    Briggidda.Malone.
    Juneau,Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the first one of Carolyn. I like how the photograph captures her gentle smile and the glow of her brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All the photo's on here are lovely, but I definitely vote for # 6, Xavier..He's so ADORABLE...

    Elizabeth Godinet

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the photos are beautiful...I vote for #6, XAVIER!!He truly captures the essence of being young and full of life. He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL :)

    Iolanda Suamatai'a
    Okinawa, Japan

    ReplyDelete
  25. My pick would be be #6 Xavier
    This picture makes me smile


    Angelica Paul

    ReplyDelete
  26. i vote for #6 Xavier...hes just soooo adorable

    Georgina Westerlund
    Auckland, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  27. #6 Xavier... cute all around!

    Carey Ann Chun
    Waikele, HI

    ReplyDelete
  28. Our vote is for #6) Xavier :)

    Tara & Justin Moors
    Pago Pago, American Samoa

    ReplyDelete
  29. They are all beautiful. But I vote for Carolyn. The picture shows her natural beauty,simplicity, and innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I vote for #6 Xavier. He portrays exactly the innocence of a child and his energy is just vibrant.

    Verna Lagafuaina
    Phoenix, Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  31. I vote for #6 Xavier. The atmosphere of it all is what captivates me..a child just having pure fun playing with something very simple as fall leaves..

    Grace Ieremia
    Hilo, HI

    ReplyDelete
  32. Going for #6! He's beautiful as the presence of nature around him!


    laumanu vete
    EPA,CA

    ReplyDelete
  33. To look at art, instructors tell you to imagine you are walking through that image and then describe what you feel as you walk through each and every portrait. I have walked through each and every beautiful photo but number 6 brings a feeling of nostalgia like no other photo. This is one that captures a moment in time.

    Emilene Helg
    Mountain View, CA

    ReplyDelete
  34. Autumn is all about seasons changing and nothing symbolizes that change more powerful than leaves. Although every photo in this session is beautifully done, photo number 6 is what autumn is all about. Subtlety and dullness are not aspects of autumn. Autumn is vibrant and colorful. One can feel the crispness in the air when looking at this photo. Apprehension should be carelessly thrown into the wind as the leaves in this photo.

    Nase Lino
    Pago Pago, AS

    ReplyDelete
  35. The lack of background brings out the radiant beauty and innocence of Carolyn; #1. I vote for #1.

    Charlene Wynn
    Fremont, CA

    ReplyDelete
  36. i vote ALEXA.. she's adorable:)(#2)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would like to vote for Logan #12. I love the beautiful contrasts of the green, yellow, and red leaves on the tree. And then his yellow shirt pops in the lower half of the picture and draws your eye into Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I vote for #6 Xavier. Absolutely stunning.

    Colleen Helg
    Pago Pago
    American Samoa 96799

    ReplyDelete
  39. I vote for Arthur (14), I really like this picture

    ReplyDelete
  40. Antoine looks so cute and natural. I vote for him!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Kathy says...
    I vote for Dylan #11 and Logan #12. Love the pictures and those are two of the cutest boys I have ever seen. Love them both can't decide which one.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Alice Sokoloff PhotographyDecember 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM

    I vote for Carolyn (1); She really have a beautiful and natural look; I am so very proud of her.

    Wilma Vaughn

    ReplyDelete
  43. My vote is for #15 KYRA! She's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  44. My vote goes for Kyra #15, Wow her smile makes your heart melt. What a beautiful young lady.

    Lisa Cadillo, San Francisco

    ReplyDelete
  45. My vote goes to # 15 Kyra I think she is a beautiful lil girl

    ReplyDelete
  46. #15 Kyra i love the look on her face it is so innocent what a beautiful little girl

    ReplyDelete
  47. My vote is for #16, she has big beautiful eyes (showing the reflection of someone in the backround).

    Candy Windsor

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Labels