Alice Sokoloff Photography

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day-After Photo Session with Inga & Stas

You may remember my good friends and beautiful lovely couple, Inga & Stas from their Engagement and Wedding photos posted on this blog. Well, they are back! Their day-after photo session may have taken 4 months for us to schedule and implement, but what's important is--they turned out great! (If I may say so myself!) :-)

One reason that I love working with this couple, besides the fact that they are both so photogenic, is that I came to this photo session with a long list of ideas. Quite literally. I brought a piece of lined notebook paper with photo ideas that I wanted to try scribbled on it. In handwriting no less, very arcane of me. There were 15 items on my list. Of this ambitious list, we were able to complete 7, which I think is incredible.

Before we proceed to the photos themselves, let me just say that Inga and Stas were real troopers. The weather was not cooperating with us at all. It was 100 degrees in the South Bay, but in San Francisco it must have been 60-65. It was still borderline warm when we were starting out. In other words, Stas in his suit was doing ok. :-) By the time we got to the ocean, brrrr. But Inga and Stas braved the water as well! You guys are my heroes and these photos are your reward!

1.

2.

I just can't get enough of these under-the-veil shots. I have a good dozen of them and I love them all. So hard to limit myself to posting just one. So here's another one. :-)

2a.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

Experimenting with some effects:

9a.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

The running away from the freezing water is another favorite series of mine. Couldn't resist adding another one of these either.

14a.

15.


Until next time!
www.alicesokoloffphotography.com

2 comments:

  1. Inna,

    I love love love them! Thank you sooooooooooo much =)

    Almost 2 hours since I saw them first, and I'm still smiling!

    I can't believe how many great shots you got regardless of the weather situation and a brief time to shoot - and I love the processing and all the effects that you added - very cool and creative!

    Millions of thanks,

    ~ Inga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these too – and I am not even in them! It is a perfect balance of posed and fun pictures. Looks like the couple had a great time in the trash the dress portion of the shoot.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Labels